Friday, 6 May 2016

Modern Irish Bee Link up

It's that time again when we get to share progress on our Modern Round Robin Bee!  Our Bee is being generously sponsored by Fluffy Sheep Quilting and to be in with a chance to win this month's €20 voucher  please link up your progress on the Bee and any medallion quilts you might be working on!

We hit a bit of a bottleneck this month as our intrepid traveller Cynthia returned home and blitzed 3 blocks super fast.  Thank you for such happy post this month!
 I received these two lovely quilts in progress along with Cynthia's starting block. 
I sketched out a few ideas and finally settled on growing them very minimally with arrows and corners in as close a grey I had on hand.
The second block got a bit of an extension treatment and the half square triangles became flying geese.  Nothing too dramatic!
 So that's been my progess this month - still brainstroming what to add to Cynthia's amazing circle block.  I've turned to Sherri Lynn Wood's Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters for inspiration.
It's helping!  I think I have an idea of where to go now and need to have a fabric rummage to see what colours I can come up with!

How about you guys - what progress have you made this month?  Please join up with the linky party and random number generator will pick a winner next week for our very generous prize from Fluffy Sheep Quilting!
-Ruth

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh cool, Ruth, I have that book too! And I actually thought of it when I saw yr block for this month! Looks fab. Leda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leda - it helped massively in adding to Cynthia's block - must write up a review of it and add it to the library!

      Delete