- Set of Tula Pink Hardware!
This may or may not tickle your fancy - it does mine though!!! It’s a Limited Edition Hardware Set includes all three of Tula Pink's new sewing notions. It includes, an 8" fabric shears, 5" Curved EZ Snip, and a Surgical Seam Ripper. I think it would make a lovely gift, as there’s an element of frivolity to it (but it’s practical too)... It might be worth including a padlock for the shears to prevent anyone using them for non-fabric use (shock horror)!!
Available from Fat Quarter Shop and Pink Castle Fabrics.
I’m sure there are other stockists, it’s worth a Google to see.
- Handmade item from another sewist
Licence stalk their friends who make/sell ;) This one may be a bit on the tight side, time wise, but worth noting down! Most of us are friends with or followers of others who make and sell. I suggest a wander through Facebook/Instagram to see what’s happening, and you might strike it lucky in getting something handmade!
- Rotating Cutting MatAnother useful gift, a small cutting mat that rotates, making block trimming super easy and quick. There are available from most shops, I’d recommend going local, or at least within Ireland, to avoid silly postage costs.
- Jewellery!!!!If in doubt, jewellery works! What is cuter than the pieces by Irish Button & Co? They started off in Dragon’s Den with their classic button pieces, and they’ve expanded. Really lovely, sweet - I adore the needle that threads through the button, handmade, Irish made, you’re onto a winner! http://www.buttonandco.com/collections/all
- That Purple Thang What the…??? I know you’re wondering what am I on about now! This gizmo is a purple stick, yup, a purple stick. However, it’s a stick worth having beside every sewing machine! As it says on the packaging: It pushes, pokes, pulls, p-fudges, p-turns, p-stuffs! A neat little stocking p-stuffer! :) That Purple Thang can be found on Amazon (and the Fat Quarter Shop, should you be buying from there already!).
- Subscription to Sewing MagazineCheck out the coffee table/tablet/ereader/sewing room to see what magazines your sewist likes to read… Buy them a subscription, another gift that keeps giving! Most of the magazines are available as postal subscriptions and digital, so go with whatever works!
- Sewing themed mug or art piece BeckaGriffin on Etsy!
Likewise, most of us adore dolling up our sewing spaces, so when I saw this print, I thought it was very understated and chic, the perfect match for each of our spaces! This print comes from MadameMemento, also on Etsy.
- Designer Colouring BooksTwo well-known fabric designers have brought out their own colouring books. I’m sure you’ve seen/heard about mindfulness colouring books, and these are no different. You get the chance to colour own version of a fabric design… such fun, and yes it’s calming - don’t forget the nice colouring pencils/markers to go along with it!
The Tula Pink Colouring Book, Cotton + Steel Colouring Book
- Monthly Fabric Club MembershipSign the recipient up for a fabric club. Several online shops run these, each month you get a bundle of fabric, either from a designer, manufacturer, or following a particular theme. It’s a gift that keeps giving, as they usually run monthly throughout the year! The 2016 clubs will be coming available in the next few weeks, so keep an eye on the various online fabric shops.
- Aurifil ThreadFluffy Sheep Quilting to create a bespoke bundle of threads to suit your beloved!
- VoucherIf all else fails, you cannot and will not go wrong with a voucher for any of the Irish Fabric Shops. Further afield, a lot of online shops have vouchers also.
- Bespoke BundleCall or call into any of our lovely Irish fabric shops and they will be more than happy to assist you in creating a unique package of goodies. My husband did just this with Fluffy Sheep Quilting earlier in the year for my birthday, and it was a beautiful surprise. Keep it fabric, or consider fabric with coordinating threads, etc… Don’t be afraid to ask!
…...and a partridge in a pear tree!
Enjoy the shopping ;)
Cindy from Fluffy Sheep Quilting has kindly offered us a €15 voucher to raffle off - a handy stocking filler, or helping hand with a gift purchase!
To be in with a chance of winning, comment on this post from now until 5pm on Tuesday, 1st of December. We will then pick a winner out of the hat (I have the hat ready) that evening.
Good luck and happy shopping!