Happy October Ladies !
I am thrilled and so excited to be this months Queen Bee.
I have taken this block from a free tutorial @ Hyacinth Quilt Designs
It's a super quick quilt block to make entitled “Garden Fence” and I too think it would be awesome in lots of colour combinations. However, I have chosen to stick with the colour theme seen here of: Greys & Yellow/Golds Autumnal but not too wintery!
I would like you lovely ladies to make two of these blocks please:
· The first with the grey tones in the centre square with the yellow/golds outside.
· The second block will be the opposite effect with yellow/golds in the centre and grey toned fabric outside. I have made one block following these exact measurements and it works out to be 12” square after sashing.
· I would like the yellow fabric in the block to be the same on the four corners and similarly with the grey fabric. This will give the blocks a sense of uniformity rather than simply tones of the colours.
· I will be using Kona white for my blocks so if you have that it would be fantastic as the white borders will be joined directly. If not, something as near as possible please.
Here are the cutting dimensions for the block:
· Center square: 4 ½ " x 4 ½ "
· Outer rectangles in opposite colour fabric: 4 - 2 ½ " x 3" and 4 - 2 ½ " x 5" (all same)
· White: 2 - 1 ½ " x 6 ½ "
2 - 1 ½ " x 4 ½”
4 - 1 ½ " x 2 ½”
· White sashing: 2- 1 ½” x 10 ½”
2- 1 ½” x 13”
To piece the block: (pics below)
- Sew the white 4 1/2" and 6 1/2" rectangles to opposite sides of the center square.
- Sew the white 2 1/2" rectangles between 2 outer rectangles; add these to the center pieced square.
- Once the main part of the block is completed, I would like if the 1.5” (unfinished) border could be added to the block please, by piecing the top and bottom followed by the side strips.
- This should make the completed blocks 12” square.
Best Wishes, Jacinta xx