Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Modern Irish Bee September Block for Louise

Hello fellow Bees!

My name is Louise and I live in Limerick with my husband and two children. I am originally from Dublin but followed my man to Limerick in 2003 and have stayed ever since.

I met Ruth at my first Mid-West IPS meeting and she introduced me to the MQI. That was the beginning of 2014, where I had only sewn curtains and cushions previously but now I am happily branching out to patchwork and quilting.

I have chosen “the wheel of time” block for September, which I came across on Pinterest in multiple colours (thanks Ruth for putting a name on it for me!!).

image
I would prefer my blocks to use medium/steel grey as the base colour with one 12.5” block in grey and aquas and the second 12.5” block in grey and oranges. This is the selection that I picked.

The blocks are made up using half square triangles and I used Ruth’s cheat sheet to make 4 HST quickly.

Requirements:
8 no. 5 ¾” Medium/Steel Grey squares
4 different 5 ¾” Aqua squares
4 different 5 ¾” oranges

Method:
Place one grey square and one aqua square right sides facing and sew ¼” all the way around the outside edge
image
 
· Cut the square on the diagonal to make 4 HST
image

· Press the seams open
· Repeat for the remaining 3 aqua and grey squares
UPDATE:  Remember to trim the blocks to 3 1/2" square before sewing together for a 12 1/2" finished block
· Place the HSTs in the block layout and sew together
image

· Repeat the same process for the grey and orange block
· Both blocks should be 12 ½” square.
image

3 comments:

  1. Well there ya go! I made a gorgeous quilt with Kate Spain fabrics using this block and never knew it's name either - thanks! <3
    Love your colour scheme, can't wait to see the final product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your block. Would you let us use it for Bee Bleesed at some stage? I known t would make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.