Monday, 7 September 2015

Book Reviews

Morning all, I'm looking for book reviews!  Would you like to share a favourite quilting book or a new purchase you think is well worth a read?  Let's share some recommendations!

If you could pull a book from your shelf, snap a quick photo of the cover if you can (optional!) and send me a reply to this or leave a comment below on the blog with a line or two of why you like this book and why you think we should click to purchase, that would be great!  We'd love to know what inspires you guys and share the inspiration between us!

A book I keep picking up and leafing through is Quilting with a Modern Slant.  It is a mix of quilters and projects focusing on different aspects of Modern Quilting like improv, color, or scale and is a really fun read. 
Hand Quilted with Love by Sarah Fielke is another book I keep picking up.  I've not made anything from it but it is a really pretty book and I keep reaching for it on the bookshelf! One of these days I'm going to make this giant star but scrappy in all colours and a low volume background!
Whats on your wish list to make?
-Ruth

3 comments:

  1. I can't figure out how to add a pic, but I love Simply Retro by Camille Roskelly. I've made a few of the quilts and have plans to make all of the rest. Gorgeous quilts and clear instructions. It's a winner for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of Camille Roskelly too and love her crafsty classes!

      Delete
  2. thought I had left a comment, I'd be more than happy to do a book review, either a practical sewing book or quilting fiction , I love all types of books

    ReplyDelete