Friday, 1 May 2015

Modern Irish Bee - May block

MAY BLOCK BOXYSTARS

Hello my lovely bees, firstly I would like to apologize for being late on the first few blocks you will be getting them as soon as I can make them , I hope by the time you get my block instructions you will have received them (fingers crossed ). I am sewing like a busy bee to catch up with you all,

For my block I have chosen a free block from http://quiltville.com called boxy stars here is the link http://quiltville.com/pdf/boxystarspf.pdf
 
It is fun and hopefully you will enjoy making it as much as I did.  I have a couple of requests.  I would like you to use black for the background and pink and green.  You can use pattern fabric or solid, I don't mind.  I would just like you to use bright colors please ;)

Also if you could include your scrappy corners you cut off to make the points, as I like using them when i make my labels ;)

And as I will be doing the sashing could you please send me 2 x 2,5" squares of the two fabrics you use to make the stones if you don't have enough its ok!  Thank you all.

My blocks finish as 12 inch block.  The difference from the web page is that I used the same colors for each quarter block , it is simple enough to make kind of like log cabins with a twist.
clip_image002

The cutting requirements are for 2 x 12inch blocks:

4 pinks 6,5 inch blocks
for the accents 4x( 2,5" squares) and 4 (2,5" x4,5" rectangles)
for the star points 4 x(2,5" x4,5" rectangles ) and 4 x (2,5" x 6,5" rectangles)
background 12 x 2,5" squares

4 green 6.5 inch blocks
for the accents 4x( 2,5" squares) and 4 (2,5" x4,5" rectangles)
for the star points 4 x(2,5" x4,5" rectangles ) and 4 x (2,5" x 6,5" rectangles)
background 12 x 2,5" squares
clip_image004

If you could please press seams open I would appreciate it , as I prefer them open for quilting.
clip_image006

So you end up with a quarter block like this then you make 4 and sew them together , easy as pie!
clip_image008

You will get the full tutorial on the link http://quiltville.com/pdf/boxystarspf.pdf thanks all enjoy making them ;) MAYA

If you have any questions send me a email!

No comments:

Post a Comment